Sr. Sales Compensation Analyst
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
St. Louis, MO
Hubbell Incorporated currently has an opportunity for a Senior Sales Compensation Analyst who will be responsible for designing, developing, and providing support for the implementation of sales compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay and rewards to employees of Hubbell. The role includes a hybrid work schedule and will be based out of our Shelton, CT, Greenville, SC or St. Louis, MO office.
This role will report into the Sr. Compensation Manager. This position ensures that the compensation programs remain competitive within the industry, attract, and retain employees, comply with government regulations, and are cost effective. The primary functions of the position are, but not limited to: sales compensation design, modeling and analyses, competitive benchmarking, compensation expense planning/forecasting, facilitating sales compensation payouts, preparation of senior management exhibits, coordinating bonus accruals, preparing budgets and analytics, and partnering with HR business partners on a wide variety of human capital analytics requests (including, but not limited to: promotions, hiring, talent, attrition, workforce activity, and ad-hoc requests).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development, design, implementation, and centralized management of sales compensation pay policies and programs based on business needs and by using best practice information.
- Manages design and rollout of annual sales compensation plans in alliance with Sales, Finance, Legal, and HR
- Conducts competitive compensation assessments for base salary and sales incentive targets by overseeing participation in salary surveys and the analysis of results.
- Responsible for administering sales compensation programs and is considered a Subject Matter Expert
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Operations and Commercial Excellence teams to reinforce training and ensure support and best practices are shared across the enterprise
- Works with HR colleagues on compensation matters, including job evaluations and providing recommendations for various compensation actions.
- Evaluates sales jobs and develops and maintains sales job descriptions and job architecture
- Analyzes current compensation program data for future recommendations
Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of compensation experience, preferably with a focus on sales compensation and/or sales operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business, or related field is preferred
- Established knowledge of standard and non-traditional job evaluation methodologies, salary structures, sales incentive plan design
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- High level of analytical skills, including strong use of Excel including v-lookup and pivot tables and experience dealing with large volumes of confidential data
- Comfortable learning new systems and technologies; knowledge of Success Factors compensation & variable pay a plus
- Proven time management skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Exceptional judgment and common sense, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing employee-centric solutions
- Results-oriented with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.