Product Manager (Transmissions/Substations) - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Great Birmingham, AL (Leeds, AL)
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the product portfolio including the development of all product strategies and Multi-Generational Product Plans (MGPP). This role will drive growth and improve profitability by linking the Sales and Engineering functions so that the organization continuously improves how it exploits its markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the entirety of their product lines new product development including product pricing, promotion and meeting aggressive annual financial goals for the business.
- Facilitate product selection, business case vetting, project pipeline monitoring and project course correction.
- Develop product plan with specific and measurable objectives for direct or indirect product lines associated with assigned markets.
- Participate in developing and updating the Annual Strategic Plan, as well as Action Plans.
- Develop a pricing strategy for all product responsibilities to improve gross margin.
- Audit assigned products to ensure quality and value.
- Periodically review and provide direction for product engineering activities.
- Monitor and report customer complaints.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitors and products in concert with Pricing Administrator.
- Provide technical information for product data manuals to the Technical author.
- Responsible for developing product news releases with Advertising and improve on the Advertising program in accordance with the time and dollar limits of the Marketing Plans.
- Recommend and support all product promotional programs (literature, samples and displays).
- Responsible for product training.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager, with demonstrated success defining technical products.
- Experience in electrical manufacturing, contracting or distribution.
- Experience performing market research and collecting competitive information.
- Experience developing product roadmaps and MGGP.
- Ability to present ideas, conclusions, and recommendations with transparency to diverse business audiences.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience within the electrical industry, at a commercial or technical application level.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.