Product Design Engineer (Mechanical Mechanism/Hydraulics) - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Senior product engineering position in the Tooling Product Line Business Team. Coordinates and manages engineering tasks and communicates with other organizational resources to complete project assignments on new or existing products and/or product lines with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and evaluating project requests and planning general activities for project completion.
- Analyzes customer technical requirements and provide product recommendations to satisfy their needs which may include generating new products through our NPD system or FOCUS process to ensure customer application requirements are met.
- Researches and interprets industry standards and technical information and applies knowledge to satisfying product design inputs and/or maintaining assigned product line(s).
- Carries out design or development work as planned, performs simulation tests and analyzes, selects materials, and generates product specifications to meet projects goals.
- Participates on cross functional teams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with project requirements.
- Requests, performs analysis, and evaluates laboratory tests.
- Conducts engineering investigations (such as product failures, customer complaints, variation notices, rejects and deviations), summarizes findings and prepares and distributes appropriate solutions.
- Initiates drawing orders, engineering changes, sample and prototype requests, purchase requests, and other necessary paperwork to complete project assignments and/or maintain assigned product line(s).
- Responsible for reporting the status and progress of projects and performing additional duties to complete projects and assignments.
- Interacts with other departmental groups to complete other projects such as DFM, cost reductions, and internal improvements to ensure design integrity for improve processes.
- Attends trade shows, supplier visits, seminars and conferences as required to support sales and project needs.
- Conducts and participates in special assignments within PLBT, Burndy and Corporate as needed.
- May include mentoring/managing interns and/or GRP candidates.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited university
- 5+ years’ experience in design, development, and testing of mechanical / electrical /mechanical mechanisms or hydraulic devices and/or assemblies preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in the interpretation of design, performance, and standards relevant to the electrical industry in the form of product designs released to production in manufacturing settings
- Effective project management skills with a proven track record of successful project implementation
- Ability to interact and work effectively to achieve common goals with other departments including supply chain, operations, manufacturing, sales, and marketing
- CAD skill
- Experience in the design of mechanical mechanisms or hydraulic circuits with strong aptitude for mechanical design, especially focused on battery powered tool design and manufacturability. Exposure to electrical industry a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must have strong CAD, Microsoft Office, e-mail, and other PC application skills
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!