Program Manager - Lenoir City, TN
Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee, Oklahoma City, Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for managing Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives and deliverables, including serving as the primary coordinator for project issues, creating and managing project timelines and deliverables, providing status to HPS's management team, coordinating cross-functional teams and adhering to high communication and professional standards. Provide Program Management across HPS business units and departments to organize and execute the development projects for new products and systems solutions that meet customer and market requirements, while maintaining timeline and budget to reduce HPS's risk. This position will work collaboratively with teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, Software Developers, Sales, Quality Assurance, Customers and other HPS resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead new product development initiative projects from start to finish, including:
o Develop and maintains the project schedule.
o Communicate status to Business Unit leadership and Segment Executive team as scheduled.
o Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
o Identify and manage both risks and issues.
o Facilitate issue resolution across departments and escalates as appropriate.
- Provide oversight and coordination with Engineering, Software, Operations, Test, Production, Marketing and other HPS teams and business units throughout the product development lifecycle including:
o Plan, organize and monitor the completion of requirement definitions, functional specifications, product design specifications, design documents, and system and technical architecture definition.
o Coordinate cross-functional activities of NPI, including but not limited to mechanical, electro-mechanical, manufacturing, embedded firmware, hardware, software and systems design teams, including functional partners, in the development of HPS products.
o Support Product Management in orchestrating the definition of functional requirements, ensuring product-cost and project schedules meet market needs and understanding the project business case.
o Coordinate the product development, customer delivery team and test personnel during Alpha, Beta, First Article, Product and System Acceptance tests, and certification requirements of new products and systems.
o Coordinates with the Product Marketing and Operations team to ensure that a Commercialization plan for new products is in place.
- Create regular status reports summarizing status of projects including financials, risks, mitigations, contingencies and impact to revenue and presents to senior management.
- Work closely with HPS business leadership and project teams to deliver successful on-time implementations.
- Ensure adherence to process across multiple project initiatives with consistent execution across multiple projects, communication, and approach.
- Understand customer delivery requirements and revenue targets to guide decisions to achieve the desired outcome.
- Participate in various organizational initiatives including:
o Template design and creation
o Internal projects that may relate to sales, customer support, training, or engineering
o Implementation of project management tools
o Provide project management training as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience managing the implementation of NPIs
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills combined with technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Skilled in project planning and project management.
- Adaptable, results oriented, and effective at managing change, and proven team building capabilities.
- Skilled at managing conflict and effectively working through to quick resolution.
- Active PMP certification
- Utility and energy industry experience, particularly related to transmission and distribution systems
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.