Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Scheduler - Littleton, NH
Location: Littleton, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
150 Burndy Rd
Littleton, NH 03561
This position is for a Scheduler who will work in the Production Control Department in conjunction with the planning team. The Scheduler is responsible for facilitating the flow of work throughout the plant, embodying the voice of the customer and supporting on time delivery by using Lean principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine when, how much, and what type of work shall be issued over the course of the day, collaborating with the Production Control Manager, Planners, and Manufacturing as needed
- Coordinate the replaying of IPK cards and issuing of Production Orders to the warehouse
- Advise changes in run order at key work centers, as needed, to support flow and on time delivery. Support the processing of repair orders to resolve rejects
- Coordinate with the manufacturing team to help them identify where specific types of work are and what they need to do to keep them moving
- Support collaboration between the warehouse and the saw area to minimize saw downtime when the company truck is loading/unloading
- Pursue changes that eliminate excess WIP and reduce Production Order Cycle Time. Provide input on areas that should be targeted for lean events
- Champion the Production Hold Ticket process; collaborate with employees to keep the process on track. Collect the Production Hold Tickets and deliver them to the appropriate personnel
- Assist the Manufacturing department in setting and updating output goals for key areas so that they make sense based on the staffing and equipment available on a daily basis
- Provide occasional backup support to planning during vacations or as needed
- Other duties including Lean implementations and opportunities as needed and assigned
Skills and Experience
- High school or trade school diploma with a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Computer Skills: demonstrated usage of Microsoft Office, word, and excel. SAP preferred
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Experience implementing Lean practices in a Manufacturing Environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.