Application Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power System
1850 Richland Avenue
Aiken, SC 29801
Support Business Unit by providing technical and commercial support for distribution, substation and transmission surge arresters. Manage the review and updates of the arrester Product Information Management (PIM) system. Exposure to day-to-day responsibilities of an Application Engineer as they support sales, engineering, manufacturing and end user requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the update of arrester Product Information Management (PIM) system by ensuring technical characteristics are accurate. Manage addition of new products and remove legacy products
- Lead the review of current product sales and provide recommendations to obsolete legacy or low running items
- Review product information (drawings, test reports, certifications etc) for accuracy and provide recommendations or updates as needed
- Shadow Application Engineer to learn day-to-day tasks
- Conduct benchmarking on competitors as time allows
- Assist with sample preparation, as needed
Skills and Experience
- Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior in Engineering field (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Computer etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Power BI and SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to collaborate with teammates or work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.