Hubbell Rotation Program - Information Technology
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell is a leading electrical infrastructure company strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure.
Our history of innovation extends back to 1888 when founder and industrial pioneer Harvey Hubbell invented the pull chain light switch and duplex receptacle as well as developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. Today, we continue the tradition of innovation and growth that Hubbell has built on more than a century ago. We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers.
The company operates in two segments, Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES). Hubbell Utility Solutions enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible. Hubbell Electrical Solutions are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power reliably and efficiently.
With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell is headquartered in Shelton, CT and has locations across the United States and around the world.
The Hubbell Rotation Program (HRP) is a program for new college graduates aimed toward accelerated exposure in various business functions. The focus of the program and can depend on the needs of the company and the interest of the employee. The program will span a 3-year period and requires relocation to 3 Hubbell facilities primarily in the United States. This person reports to the Campus Program Manager for the duration of the program but receives day-to-day assignments from location management.
The Information Technology rotation track within the HRP program will include potential rotations in digital applications, IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, application management and SAP ERP.
- Focused on developing future IT leadership talent
- Rotations spanning both technical [IT CTO] and program management [CIO] career tracks
- Spanning multiple locations where Hubbell has IT employees or system deployments
- Aligned to senior IT leaders within Hubbell for mentorship and coaching to help with overall IT career development
- Be a part of an accelerated leadership development program at Hubbell
Duties and Responsibilities
- Application architecture role focused on overall system design and documentation
- Web application development
- Agile scrum master role focused on backlog planning, sprint execution, and overall project management
- Digital product owner supporting the overall strategic vision of core systems
- Data and analytics focused on leveraging application usage data to influence feature development and drive adoption
- Technical project manager supporting the deployment of new technologies focused on around networking, telephony, and end user services
- Network engineer
- Service delivery improvement leader focused on improving the overall end user experience at Hubbell
- Security operations analyst focused on threat hunting and detection
- Product security analyst working to help define secure development solutions and integrating security practices into the software development lifecycle
- IT risk and governance project leader working on sox system compliance, ITGC controls, software governance and data security
- Application portfolio manager working to help manage Hubbell’s portfolio and ensure proper support processes are in place to manage applications
- CMDB [configuration management database] manager
- Technical project leader focused on application migrations from on premise solutions to cloud hosted environments
- SAP site implementation leader focused on supporting business acquisitions transition to SAP
- ERP project leader supporting enhancement requests across ERP modules such as supply chain, sales & distribution, finance, etc
Data & Analytics:
- Technical program manager focused on delivering analytical solutions in support of specific business functions
- Data architect working to define critical business data sets
- Technical data analyst working with emerging technology such as artificial intelligence or machine learning solutions to discover business trends
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Scient or related discipline
- Industry certifications in areas such as networking, data & analytics, cybersecurity are a plus
- Exposure to industry standard web development languages such as .net, java, react and other full stack or front-end technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Committed and flexible team player
- Willingness to learn new things and ability to adapt to changing environment
- Gained knowledge of the IT industry as it pertains to an enterprise business environment
- Exposure to critical business processes across all enterprise functions
- Ability to gain experience and working knowledge across multiple IT core competencies / domains
- Cross functional project management experience
- Exposure to IT and business senior leaders through opportunities afforded to Hubbell rotation program participants
- Ability to work in multiple geographic locations as afforded by the Hubbell rotation program
- Development of relationships among rotation program cohorts who are working across business functions
- Gain experience while working on Hubbell’s critical IT programs to deliver real business value
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.