Hubbell Rotation Program - Finance
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell is a leading electrical infrastructure company strategically aligned around grid modernization and electrification. As more electrical applications plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions energize economies and electrify communities while enabling the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure.
The company operates in two segments, Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES). Hubbell Utility Solutions enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible. Hubbell Electrical Solutions are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power reliably and efficiently.
Our history of innovation extends back to 1888 when founder and industrial pioneer Harvey Hubbell invented the pull chain light switch and duplex receptacle as well as developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. Today, we continue the tradition of innovation and growth that Hubbell has built on more than a century ago. We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers.
With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell is headquartered in Shelton, CT and has locations across the United States and around the world.
The Hubbell Rotation Program (HRP) is a program for new college graduates aimed toward accelerated exposure in various disciplines of Finance/Accounting. The program will span a three-year period and includes three rotations across financial disciplines and Hubbell businesses. Rotation assignments are flexible based on interests of the participant and needs of the business.
These roles offer a variety of opportunities to build financial and business acumen, including:
- Driving short and long-term financial planning, forecasting and variance analysis
- Implementing critical financial controls and performing key financial accounting activities
- Conducting industry and peer market research and benchmarking
- Communicating strategic initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Driving insights on manufacturing and operational performance
This program is intended to be a pipeline for future Finance leadership at Hubbell. Participants will have the opportunity to build a strong network among peers, along with high visibility and dedicated mentorship opportunities with current Hubbell leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Drive and support strategic / long-term financial planning
- Support forecasting activities, including the annual operating plan
- Perform monthly variance analysis and support financial reporting
- Prepare monthly presentations to communicate results as needed
- Support monthly/quarterly closing activities by performing journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Ensure adherence to financial policies, internal controls, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with team to drive control improvements
- Prepare presentations for earnings release, board meetings, company events and conferences
- Monitoring financial markets and peer performance
- Research and analyze industry trends and competitor activity
- Support communication strategies that help build relationship with stakeholders
- Work with team to drive cash collections. Track payments, make banking deposits and run reports
- Support team with completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
- Support reporting and analysis of key monthly manufacturing and cost accounting metrics
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Accounting teams as well as Hubbell’s Operations teams
- Drive insights from examination of trends related to manufacturing performance
- Support M&A activities and divestitures
- Assist with financial modeling and due diligence activities
- Research potential markets and acquisition targets to determine value and strategic fit
- Specializes in reviewing tax liability
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws and codes
- Assists with company tax filings, monitors compliance with tax codes and identifies opportunities for tax savings
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to manage evolving priorities
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Share Point
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and drive successful outcomes
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.