Sr. Associate Design Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Associate Design Engineer which is located in Leeds, Alabama. Focus on Medium and High Voltage connectors and new mechanical product development for distribution, substation, transmission and communication market products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help the commercialization process of new products from idea generation through product launch and lead design to value projects for medium and high voltage connectors.
- Assist with New Product Development projects in the area of Medium - High Voltage and Communications market connectors.
- Work with marketing team members to assess customer feedback and align customer feedback to product development.
- Design to value projects to drive efficiency in current mechanical product designs.
- Create, develop, and evaluate new product design concepts following ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards.
- Conduct design for manufacturability events.
- Coordinate and perform experiments to test and verify product design.
- Track progress and action items for ongoing design projects.
- Participate in Kaizen improvement events.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis for mechanical product enhancement. Attend seminars and conferences to be up-to-date on connector technology.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field; Masters Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with mechanical design, including analyzing the strength of materials.
- Must also possess the following:
- at least 1 year of experience with testing and/or product development
- at least 1 year of experience working with test lab equipment
- at least 1 year of project management experience
- at least 1 year of experience with FEA, Solid Modeling (AutoDesk Inventor), and rapid prototyping.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.