Hubbell Rotation Program - Human Resources
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell is a leading electrical infrastructure company strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure.
Our history of innovation extends back to 1888 when founder and industrial pioneer Harvey Hubbell invented the pull chain light switch and duplex receptacle as well as developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. Today, we continue the tradition of innovation and growth that Hubbell has built on more than a century ago. We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers.
The company operates in two segments, Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES). Hubbell Utility Solutions enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible. Hubbell Electrical Solutions are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power reliably and efficiently.
With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell is headquartered in Shelton, CT and has locations across the United States and around the world.
The Hubbell Rotation Program is an entry-level program for recent college graduates aimed toward accelerated exposure and knowledge to our business and various skills within the company. Rotations can range from focus in manufacturing/operations, design, engineering, sales & marketing, finance, IT, HR, supply chain, etc. The function of each rotation within certain business units can focus on various areas depending on the needs of the company and the interest of the employee. The program is 3-years in length and requires relocation to 3 Hubbell facilities, all located in the United States.
All HRP employees report to Hubbell’s Campus Program Manager for the first three years, but receives day-to-day assignments from local management, based on location. The individual will be assigned to a variety of tasks under general supervision. A structured learning plan will allow the opportunity to grow professionally through trainings alongside each rotation. Each individual will also have a mentor assigned to them, monthly meetings with other individuals in the program, as well as monthly 1:1’s with the Campus Program Manager.
- Human Resources Business Partner
- Learning and development
- Corporate communications
- Compensation and benefits
- HR Systems and Operations
- Campus Programs
- Inclusion & Diversity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rotations will have the opportunity to work in both/either a plant or office location - duties below are included but not limited depending on functional rotation.
- Implements Human Resources programs by providing services including employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, talent and recruitment, records management, succession planning, inter company communications, employee relations and retention and AA/EEO compliance
- Assist HR team with the administration of HR programs, procedures, plans and guidelines to help align the workforce to ensure alignment and effective delivery of HR support/services to the business
- Works with other HR business partners, HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT, etc.) to deliver HR support/services to the business and employees
- Work closely with various HR teams to provide clear and concise communication of policies and procedures
- Support Total Rewards team on select compensation projects
- Develop and implement programs to maintain positive employee relations
- Assists with the management of the performance management process
- Audits and assists with compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, organizing information and fulfilling transactions
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related function required
- Ability to relocate yearly over a 3-year period - relocation assistance provided by Hubbell
- Must have a strong motivation and desire to grow as a leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Various systems and skills could be required/preferred for various functions
- Experience in the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven time management skills: ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Strong analytical skills and can track and interpret data
- Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.