Sourcing Engineer - Manchester, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire, Littleton, New Hampshire, Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
This role is hybrid (T-We-Th in office) and be located in Lincoln, Littleton or Manchester, NH.
The Sourcing Engineer plays a critical role in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to meet direct and/or indirect material needs throughout the Light Industrial Business Unit within assigned commodities. Responsible for sourcing components and finished goods globally while optimizing cost, delivery, quality, and risk. Analyzes legacy product sourcing and engages early in new product development projects to ensure an effective, flexible, and quality supply base. Leads productivity, risk reduction, improvement, and negotiation activities within the supply base for assigned commodities. The Sourcing Engineer is a highly visible matrixed role in the organization that requires a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of sourcing concepts/tools. Candidates with experience in metal commodities such as Aluminum and Copper are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with functional teams and peers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials while optimizing cost, lead-time, and quality.
- Responsible for the definition and execution of sourcing strategy for assigned commodities.
- Oversees the Supplier Relationship Management process for critical suppliers, within assigned commodities, with focus on sustainable improvements in cost, on-time delivery, pay terms, and quality.
- Identify new sources and establish strong and lasting supplier relationships that enable business growth.
- Periodically present plans and actual results, strategy deployment, market trends, and KPI progress.
- Become the subject matter expert for assigned commodities.
- Lead the identification and execution of sourcing projects for assigned commodities.
- Lead negotiation efforts, including agreements/contracts for critical suppliers.
- Lead the direct and/or indirect material competitive bidding process for assigned commodities.
- Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for products and services.
- Collaborate with corporate sourcing to ensure the execution of corporate sourcing initiatives.
- Provide coverage for other team members during travel and vacation periods.
- Document and improve Sourcing processes and methods.
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or technical field or Equivalent
- 5+ Years of sourcing experience
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics and process improvement skills
- Sound knowledge of sourcing processes and experience leading contract negotiations
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo.
- Ability to perform in a matrixed organization
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 15%)
- APICS ASCM Certification
- Strong demonstrated SAP experience
- MBA or Master's degree is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.