Test Technician III - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
Provide laboratory testing services such as mechanical, environmental, high-voltage, high-power and continuous current testing to Hubbell Arrester business unit. Typical products tested are MOV (metal oxide varistor) blocks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform product testing of MOV blocks by operating test equipment in an ISO 9001 certified test laboratory.
- Execute test plans using prescribed test methods, laboratory quality documents and industry standards.
- Write test reports accurately describing test objects, equipment used, test procedures and test results.
- Provide technical support to other members of assigned department.
- Participate in various non-testing activities such as maintenance, calibration, training, cleaning, projects, etc. as assigned by assigned supervisor.
- Participate in cross functional teams with internal, remote engineering groups with regard to testing plans for product development, R&D, design/process/supplier changes.
- Must be a self-starter with strong drive, initiative, and ability to work with limited management input.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum two-year technical degree, trade school or relevant associate degree. Relevant military experience acceptable in lieu of formal degree.
- Relevant experience with electricity, power generation, line maintenance, automation, machining or product testing.
Preferred but not required:
- Proficiency drafting and design utilizing Autodesk products.
- Experience coding in visual basic, C or other modern programming language.
- Allen Bradley PLC programming.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.