Machine Operator - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
SUMMARY: This position is a broad based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL AREAS:
- Performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
- Inspect parts to specifications and make adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance and training to other employees in assigned work area.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Basic reading, writing.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skills and Experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
PHYSICALS DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Stand and or sit on stool in one area for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Turn and assemble production parts with fingers and hands for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.