Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Machine Operator - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
SUMMARY: This position is a broad based title encompassing multiple departments within the manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL AREAS:
- Performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
- Inspect parts to specifications and make adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment in work area.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance and training to other employees in assigned work area.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Basic reading, writing.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skills and Experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
PHYSICALS DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Stand and or sit on stool in one area for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Turn and assemble production parts with fingers and hands for up to two (2) hours at a time.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.