Territory Sales Manager - Baltimore, MD
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
HUBBELL WIRING DEVICE-KELLEMS is a manufacturer of high quality wiring devices, wiring systems, wire management, floor boxes and covers, raceway, interconnect systems and GFCI / Tamper-resistant products, and electric vehicle charging stations.
The Territory Manager is responsible for the sales and promotion of Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems products through Distribution to end-users and specifying influences and for attaining assigned sales quotas within a territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage an assigned territory to ensure effective, efficient and economical use of available time and company assets to achieve sales objectives.
- Conduct sales calls on Distributors and all potential users/consumers of Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems products.
- Train distributor personnel to sell and promote Hubbell products; manage distributor inventory/investments to ensure maintenance of proper inventories to service the trading area and maximize the “Return on Investment”.
- Maintain accurate account records (TMS/Electronic TMS).
- Conduct sales training, internal and external, within the District and Region as directed by Field Management.
- Conduct formal sales presentations to various groups, distributors and end-users. Communicate to various types of end-users in a variety of ways, either by letter, telephone, person to person or group meetings, trade shows and business oriented social functions.
- Communicate through district manager on any issues, problems, opportunities, successes and new products.
- Service distributors and end-users while creating demand for the company’s product offering.
- Build rapport and strong relationships with distribution, end-users and specifying influences.
- Communicate through district manager on new products, product modifications and sales tools.
- Cover open territories with assignment made by the district manager.
- Serve as a customer information center for literature requests, catalog requests, technical detail, drawings and cross-reference information.
- Act as a liaison between customer and Shelton for successful resolution on any inoperable product.
- Generate renewal paperwork for pricing and approval.
- Handle claim discrepancies between Shelton and distributor.
- Qualify sales leads and routes for action.
Skills and Experience
- A four-year college degree with five to seven (+) years of related Industry sales experience or a High School diploma with seven (+) years of related Industry sales experience.
- OEM & MRO sales experience is a plus.
- MS Office proficient.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.