Sr. Product Design Engineer - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
The Sr. Product Design Engineer provides design and drafting support for medium voltage power distribution automation products for the Utility Automation business unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform electrical and mechanical design and drafting duties for make-to-order pad and pole-mount capacitor bank assemblies, pad and pole-mount primary metering units, multi-connection secondary enclosures, etc.
- Ensure models and drawings are accurate and completed in a fast paced ETO environment.
- Communicate regularly with shop floor regarding any manufacturability or quality issues
Education, Skills & Experience
- BSEE or BSEET required
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and MS Office Products
- Experience in designing enclosures for the power distribution industry
- Electrical Drafting (AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus)
- Experience in electrical design for the power utility industry
- Engineering change management experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.