Product Manager - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
The Product Manager is responsible for the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans for assigned product lines in order to meet sales, profit and other financial objectives. Identifies product extensions, changes and improvements for existing products, and provides guidance in the innovation, definition, development and introduction of new products. Recommends high level strategies and advises management of market place trends affecting market strategies. In conjunction with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, Management develops business plans for product lines which will meet financial performance and business objectives. This is a high visibility position that will interface with all levels within the organization. The individual must be highly analytical, organized, tactically oriented and posses excellent communication and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for assigned product lines by establishing annual marketing plans, product development program management, capacity forecasts and financial operating plans.
- Is recognized as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned product lines, providing support and education for all stake holders including field sales, channel partners and customers.
- Maintains close working relationships with Sales, distributor partners and customers to identify new opportunities and to grow sales of existing products.
- Monitors manufacturing costs versus standards and/or budgets and forecasts, giving recommendations for cost improvements.
- Analyzes product life cycles and recommends redesign or improvement of existing products to increase sales and/or profitability.
- Stays abreast of technological advances to develop a competitive strategy to enhance market position, new applications for products, and modifications to improve flexibility and customer appeal.
- Ability to learn about assigned technology areas to understand and communicate program needs.
- Establishes effective communication channels and working relationships at all levels to provide pertinent, timely and accurate information and ensure effective performance of related product line functions.
- Has experience in making presentations to all levels of the organization successfully communicating complex issues and business cases.
- Develops and implements a marketing strategy for assigned product lines that includes promotions, marketing collateral, merchandising and alternate channels to market.
- Develops, tracks and drives new product development, redesign and product modification efforts by managing cross functionally activities through the organization and communicates requirements and issues effectively.
- Actively participates in sales and operations planning. Uses financial forecasts as the basis for developing demand, inventory and production plans.
Skills and Experience
- Provides leadership for assigned product lines.
- Primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned product lines, providing support and education for all stake holders
- Demonstrated experience leading successful teams through influencing skills
- Demonstrated skill at consensus building
- Demonstration of strong skill in verbal and written communications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the wiring device industry
- Proficient with all MS Office tools and ERP navigation
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.