Product Manager - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Product Manager is responsible for the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans for assigned product lines in order to meet sales, profit and other financial objectives. Identifies product extensions, changes and improvements for existing products, and provides guidance in the innovation, definition, development and introduction of new products. Recommends high level strategies and advises management of market place trends affecting market strategies. In conjunction with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, Management develops business plans for product lines which will meet financial performance and business objectives. This is a high visibility position that will interface with all levels within the organization. The individual must be highly analytical, organized, tactically oriented and posses excellent communication and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for assigned product lines by establishing annual marketing plans, product development program management, capacity forecasts and financial operating plans.
- Is recognized as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned product lines, providing support and education for all stake holders including field sales, channel partners and customers.
- Maintains close working relationships with Sales, distributor partners and customers to identify new opportunities and to grow sales of existing products.
- Monitors manufacturing costs versus standards and/or budgets and forecasts, giving recommendations for cost improvements.
- Analyzes product life cycles and recommends redesign or improvement of existing products to increase sales and/or profitability.
- Stays abreast of technological advances to develop a competitive strategy to enhance market position, new applications for products, and modifications to improve flexibility and customer appeal.
- Ability to learn about assigned technology areas to understand and communicate program needs.
- Establishes effective communication channels and working relationships at all levels to provide pertinent, timely and accurate information and ensure effective performance of related product line functions.
- Has experience in making presentations to all levels of the organization successfully communicating complex issues and business cases.
- Develops and implements a marketing strategy for assigned product lines that includes promotions, marketing collateral, merchandising and alternate channels to market.
- Develops, tracks and drives new product development, redesign and product modification efforts by managing cross functionally activities through the organization and communicates requirements and issues effectively.
- Actively participates in sales and operations planning. Uses financial forecasts as the basis for developing demand, inventory and production plans.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience leading successful teams through influencing skills.
- Demonstrated skill at consensus building.
- Demonstration of strong skill in verbal and written communications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the wiring device industry preferred.
- Proficient with all MS Office tools and ERP navigation.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.