Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
46 Nooks Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
To program and set up dual spindle lathes with Y-axis and live tooling, vertical machining centers, as well as other CNC mills and lathes. Programming is done using Mastercam, manually, or at the controls on the machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs CNC equipment, primarily HAAS machines, from 3D models and drawings
- Select the most efficient tooling and method of machining for various metals
- Improve existing programs to increase efficiency
- Setting up CNC lathes and mills
- Training of machine operators to run machines safely and efficiently, training to include tooling changes and simple program modifications
- Convert older Fanuc G code programs
- Run machines when needed
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together accurately
- Work alone or in a team environment
- Regular good attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop or bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of time
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or measuring devices
- Must have experience with dual spindle lathes with live tooling
- Experience with Haas controls required
- Experience with Fanuc controls preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.