Quality Inspector II
Job Type: Not Specified
Quality inspection position supporting the newly acquired Connector Products Inc. (CPI) product line. Position reports directly to the Quality Manager and will play an active role in supporting and contributing to the targets of the business from a customer service perspective.
The position will include:
- Know the different functions of inspection including material identification, roving inspections of operations, receiving inspection, nonconformities.
- Perform random in-process inspections to verify the specifications of the process are being maintained.
- Assists with quality training to ensure all employees are educated on proper techniques to achieve quality requirements.
- Know where the operating procedures and work instructions are located. Become familiar with each part pertaining document. Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), where applicable.
- Know the options which are considered when making a disposition on nonconforming product, the importance of immediately notifying management and preventing the use of the product.
- Become familiar with the quality hold, rework, and scrap holding areas, and how items get placed in them. Know when and how to write in-process rejections and how the documentation is handled and know when and how to write Quality Hold or Quality Alert tags.
- Understand what happens if the sample part meets the prints specifications. Demonstrate what happens if product meets required specifications, who will be notified and what next steps are in the manufacturing process.
Skills and Experience
- Basic Computer, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ERP software (which can be trainable)--- SAP
- Basic mathematics
- Understanding of quality terminology & practices
- Measurement device usage i.e., calipers, hardness testers, thread plugs, et al gage types
- Understanding of inspection methods, sampling, measurement frequency, etc.
- Critical Thinking
- Documentation Development
- ISO 9001 Understanding
- Worked in Manufacturing, Process, et al similar industries
- Bilingual in Spanish or French a plus
- Certified Internal or Lead Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.