Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Quality Inspector II
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Connector Manufacturing Company (Hubbell Inc.) 3501 Symmes Road Hamilton, OH 45015
Quality inspection position supporting the newly acquired Connector Products Inc. (CPI) product line. Position reports directly to the Quality Manager and will play an active role in supporting and contributing to the targets of the business from a customer service perspective.
The position will include:
1) Inspection (In-process & Final)
2) Assistance with Corrective Action
3) Development of Inspection Documentation & Standard Work
4) Inventory Assistance (Identification of Unknown Components & Extrusion)
- Perform roving/outgoing inspection of CPI assembly and Shipping areas, respectively to check dimensional, visual, and fit of machined, sub-assembly and finished goods to ensure print requirements are met.
- Develop/maintain work instructions, standard operating procedures, and quality inspection documentation to support new product line.
- Perform Production First Article Inspection (FAI) to support CPI machining/assembly and to perform FAIs to qualify suppliers to supplement production activities whenever the need arises.
- Maintain flow in the logging/disposition of products in quarantined area to support Material Review Board (MRB).
- Assist with the identification of materials to maintain flow and inventory levels of Production by leveraging SAP, performing dimensional checks, reviewing drawings, et cetera.
- Assists with quality training to ensure all employees within CPI (et al areas of plant) are educated on proper techniques to adhere to quality requirements and processes.
- Secure technical certification to support job duties and attend any training that enhances job capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Basic Computer, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ERP software (which can be trainable)--- SAP
- Basic mathematics
- Understanding of quality terminology & practices
- Measurement device usage i.e., calipers, hardness testers, thread plugs, et al gage types
- Understanding of inspection methods, sampling, measurement frequency, etc.
- Critical Thinking
- Documentation Development
- ISO 9001 Understanding
- Worked in Manufacturing, Process, et al similar industries
- Bilingual in Spanish or French a plus
- Certified Internal or Lead Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
High School Diploma
Integrity and Ethics
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.