Sourcing Manager - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
The Manager of Sourcing will report directly to the Director of Sourcing and will be responsible for overseeing and managing the overall sourcing and supply chain strategy to maximize service level, flexibility, process efficiency and productivity. Productivity may include but not limited to; Sourcing Process optimization, Structural Cost change, Working Capital improvement and Service Level improvements. The successful candidate will be responsible to overseeing the successful execution of business processes, effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, problem solve while balancing priorities to alignment with the business needs. This position will work closely with Commercial Operations, Sales, Pricing, Finance and Product Management to support the proposal process to fuel growth and meeting or beating key performance metrics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manager of sourcing and supply chain team functions with approximately (3) full-time direct reports.
- Manage and monitor key performance metrics, facilitate cross-functional reviews and lead continuous improvement to meet or exceed targets.
- Provide leadership and communication in sourcing process, procedures and technologies to generate and sustain standardization and optimization.
- Lead the organization with project manager methodology with regular updates on productivity planning.
- Own end-to-end productivity throughout the supply chain to support working capital efficiency.
- Develop and maintaining strong global relationships in a matrixed environment of business, corporate and cross functional levels.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in progressive sourcing/supply chain roles
- Experience with both domestic and international supply chains
- Proven change management, project management and relationship building skills.
- Proven sourcing/supply chain experience; experience working in an industrial, manufacturing, technology environments.
- Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively across teams and persuade/influence others in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Strong appreciation for data integrity and clear process definitions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and utilize decision making skills.
- Proficient knowledge of automated sourcing systems and tools.
- Skilled knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Ability to travel an average 10-15%, project dependent.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.