Metal Assembler (2nd shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled.*
Assemble or fabricate metal parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications. Performs repetitive work station or line assembly operations to mass produce enclosures.
Shift: 2nd Monday - Thursday 4:30pm - 2:30pm (some weekend work)
Rate: $16.43 per hour + $1.64 shift premium
Retention Bonus: $1,000 after completion of 100 days
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, manufacturing drawings and/or simple CAD functions, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw drivers and drill guns
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and report to the Team Lead/Supervisor
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification and/or customer changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Perform daily tasks as assigned by functional area and Supervisor.
- Operate functional area equipment in a safe and efficient manner to produce quality parts to meet customer demands
- Maintain safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping standards as required
- Maintain accurate and timely data records as assigned by functional area
- Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, and incidents to management.
- Assist with general cleanup and maintenance of the work place
- Accomplish other job-related functions as may be assigned by Supervisor
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- May work on special assignments and projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Understanding and experience dealing with MSDS and handling of hazardous material
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple quality product issues
Skills and Experience
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Bending and stooping for extending times
- Work alone or closely with others
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to conduct visual inspections to identify small-sized defects
- Ability to read and interpret tape measure and/or measurement devices
- Ability to use powered industrial tools
- Manufacturing assembly experience is a plus
- Basic reading skills required
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.