Hubbell Rotation Program - Operations
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell is a leading electrical infrastructure company strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure.
Our history of innovation extends back to 1888 when founder and industrial pioneer Harvey Hubbell invented the pull chain light switch and duplex receptacle as well as developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. Today, we continue the tradition of innovation and growth that Hubbell has built on more than a century ago. We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers.
The company operates in two segments, Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES). Hubbell Utility Solutions enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible. Hubbell Electrical Solutions are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power reliably and efficiently.
With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell is headquartered in Shelton, CT and has locations across the United States and around the world.
Key areas of responsibility within the rotations include overall manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering functions and Supply Chain (including Freight and Logistics and Indirect and Direct procurement). Role also has involvement in quality, and continuous improvement through Lean methodology. This individual will be expected to help drive the approach and continuous improvement to quality, safety, service and cost; assist in creating capital plans and drive initiative prioritization in support of the Hubbell enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rotations will have unique assignment that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of various operations department
- Opportunity for a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of lean initiatives, 5S principles, and continuous improvement.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees while maximizing process flexibility through cross training
- Reviews production costs and suggests production and inventory control profiles to maintain and enhance profitable operation of team
- Monitors production quality and ensures compliance to standards. Actively pursues an environment that promotes quality excellence
- Contributes relevant metrics for daily / weekly team review. Continuously reviews and redefines metrics to maximize group performance
- Stays abreast of Lean manufacturing principles and adopts right sized solutions for manufacturing flow
- Monitors department variance and labor efficiencies and supports facility efficiency when needed through personnel sharing
- Recommends budgets to management
- Evaluating our suppliers supply chains to identify and mitigate risk
- Reviewing customer specifications to help Project Managers identify compliance and savings opportunities
- Coordinate and identify operational and sourcing synergies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Operations, Engineering or other related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Share Point
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.