Sales Representative - Bismark, North Dakota
Location: United States
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The position will work remote in the North Dakota, South Dakota, or Northern Minnesota area.
This position manages the HPS Electric Utility business through end user accounts & authorized channel partners in the North Dakota, South Dakota, and Northern Minnesota Public Power marketplace. The Sales Representative is responsible for knowledge of the HPS Products, planning & tracking the opportunities within the area, and growing the HPS relationship/position with the Investor-Owned Utilities, Public Power Utilities, and distributors in this geography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of functional knowledge of the position by understanding the drivers of the HPS organization, HUS Business Units and products, and management of relationships within all levels of the customer base.
- Meet/exceed overall sales quota while driving Hubbell Power Systems market share growth.
- Effectively manage distributor relationships (Border States, Resco, others).
- Assist Regional VP sales in territory planning/forecasting and the development of a strategic growth strategy.
- Manage key end user accounts through consistent exposure for HPS and an understanding of the key drivers to their business and spending.
- Maximize product approvals for all product lines.
- Develop and execute a short-term and long-term plan for overall market share growth.
- Analyze market to identify new business opportunities.
- Drive end user preference for Hubbell products at key customers, including Black Hills Energy, Montana Dakota Utilities, Central Power and Basin Power and others.
Skills and Experience
- Willing to travel extensively in the territory (60%).
- Ability to communicate and work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
- Engineering / Business degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of utility industry experience preferred.
- Strength in effective communication by projecting self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm, and the ability to make continuous use of technology to improve sales performance.
- Strength in prioritization of tasks to devote the appropriate time to strategic areas of importance.
- Must be a strong manager with a vision for the future of the territory and growth, capable of managing regular sales activity, and be effective working with internal departments (Business Unit management/personnel, pricing group management/personnel, customer service management/personnel) to drive results.
- Above average presentation skills, strong written and oral English skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.