Manager, Manufacturing Engineering - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We have a future to create, so join Aclara as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Over 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software, and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in the field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us. We'll offer you a great work environment and competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and personal time, and we're committed to diversity and our veterans.
We are hiring a Manager, Manufacturing Engineering to our growing team in our Somersworth, NH location!
This position is responsible for the department of Manufacturing Engineering Test. You will facilitate and support the team responsible for all manufacturing testing related to Aclara products. This role supports and maintains business relationships of both domestic and international partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Aclara Design Engineering and Quality to identify process and product integration testability issues, (requirements, methods, and techniques) for new products, as well as for those that are currently in production.
- Oversee the implementation of test solutions for all integration processes at Aclara’s suppliers, third-party integrators, meter manufacturers and customer facilities.
- Document and report, on an ongoing basis, the progress and status of test process deployments, and test design and development projects to the Director of Manufacturing Operations and/or project team members.
- As member of different project teams, participate in a timely manner in the reporting and analysis of test process yields. Work closely with Engineering, Systems, Product Design and Quality groups in the evaluation of test processes results.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management
Skills and Experience
- BSEE or BA in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Three years’ experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience in team-based design and development in one or more of the following: PC based test equipment, Mechanical fixtures, Serial Port communications, digital and analog interface circuits, and control of power circuits.
- Knowledge of computer software development packages or equivalent programming experience.
- Excellent knowledge of PC based word processing and spreadsheet software package.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Must be detail-oriented and can multitask
- Able to work well in a team environment requiring excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25% of the time.
130 Main St, Somersworth, NH 03878
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1#LI-Hybrid