Quality Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
The Quality Engineer will provide Quality Assurance, Quality Systems, and Supplier Quality support for the manufacturing locations of the Switching and Fusing Business Unit. Additional support to be provided for Continuous Improvement within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, Audit, and Evaluate Production Processes
- Build and maintain Quality Assurance programs throughout the Production Operations
- ISO Documentation and Revisions
- Management of Calibration Systems, Tooling, and Instrumentation
- Lead and/or participate in Problem Solving and Troubleshooting activity for electro-mechanical and mechanical devices
- CAPA involvement
- Lead and participate in the Internal Audit program
- Support New Product Development activity including PFMEA, DFMEA, Quality Planning, Measurement Systems design and deployment
- Identify and address issues regarding Control of Nonconforming Material
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering highly preferred
- 3 years of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supplier Quality Control
- Ability to perform Capability and Measurement Systems Analysis
- Proven problem solving and product investigation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Experience writing and revising procedures, work instructions, forms, visual aids and etc.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001-2015 registered, or equivalently certified QMS
- Ability to travel up to 10%; both domestic and international
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.