Electronic Test Technician - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N.
Largo, FL 33773
Responsible for assuring products are operating properly when shipped to customers. Perform the necessary tests and repairs to assure desired level of performance for Beckwith products which service the electrical industry. Work fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision. The employee will be willing to work overtime when it is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and additional duties assigned as needed:
- Basic electronics and computer skills
- Testing with some basic troubleshooting (visual). i.e. shorts or missing parts
- Operate automated test equipment
- Intermediate electronic background and troubleshooting skills
- Testing and troubleshooting to the component level
- Read and Understand schematics
- Master either Pretest or Final test of at least one of the Product Lines
- Follow & understand procedures, drawings, and schematics to set up manual tests
- Keep the Manufacturing area clean of dust and debris
- May assist with material handling function
- May assist with Board Assembly. Final Assembly, Stockroom and Shipping functions as needed
- May set up and prepare workstations
Skills and Experience
- Ability to proficiently analyze and troubleshoot to the component level.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with application software used in a pc environment.
- Strong knowledge of schematic diagrams.
- Soldering skills both through hole and surface mount.
- Knowledge of analog vs. digital signals.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to provide initiative in taking necessary action.
- Safety procedures - basic operation of all individual components and small tools used in making basic systems.
- Two years general electric utility knowledge of relays.
- Relay Technician with a minimum of 3 years experience and an accredited 2 year college degree in engineering technology or related subject.
- Experience with testing and calibration of digital relay and or controls.
- In lieu of degree/relay experience, equivalent experience in the repair of digital/analog circuits, power supplies and system level devices.
- Experience with automated test equipment and troubleshooting.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.