Group Leader (3rd Shift)
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Group Leader is the first line supervisor of production line employees. They are responsible for the routine communication of job assignments, training for specific product runs, and placement of employees in assignments as required for the day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead team by example.
- Update production metrics on hourly production whiteboard.
- Prepare paperwork for line and quality checks.
- Contact Material Handler to bring additional components for production line as needed.
- Lead team on 5’s daily when production is completed.
- Escalate production issues to Production Supervisor or Manager as needed.
- Perform quality checks of the line.
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality.
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry.
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards.
- Check finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use.
- Keep records of equipments, budgets, deliveries and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation.
- Create work schedule for workers and ensure that they strictly adhere to it; take attendance to ensure regularity and promptness of workers to duty.
- Work as middleman between workers and management to create healthy communication.
- Ensure that work materials are present as at when needed.
- Coach, lead and develop subordinates.
- Monitor performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken.
- Help to build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 2-5 years experience in a lead or supervisory position in a manufacturing environment.
- General understanding of Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to participate and Lead in a team-orientated environment.
- Willingness to assist and train others.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the company.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or visitors.
- Basic mechanical experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.