Design Engineer (Lineman Tools & Equipment) - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The CHANCE® brand originated with the 1907 founding of A. B. Chance Company. Originally a manufacturer of anchors, CHANCE purchased Tip Tools Co. in 1937, which would later become CHANCE® Lineman Grade Tools™. Over the course of nearly 120 years, CHANCE has delivered pole line hardware, switches, cutouts and fuse links in addition to anchors, foundations, hot line tools, fiberglass and rubber products. Acquired by Hubbell® in 1994, the CHANCE brand is proudly manufactured in Centralia, Missouri, Leeds, Alabama and Juarez, Mexico.
Centralia, MO (Greater Columbia Missouri Area)
The Design Engineer provide engineering support to marketing, sales, and manufacturing. Perform in multiple aspects of design engineering, which includes but is not limited to: drawing creation, component selection, specification preparation in support of vendor selection, product testing, working with customers, and project management.
Position will offer complex engineering challenges that require in depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing products
- Research and develop ideas for new products and processes
- Improve upon the design, performance, and cost of existing products and processes
- Design, model, and test new products and modifications
- Define and oversee the electrical and mechanical testing of products to meet industry specifications
- Present to large internal and external groups on technical subjects such as Temporary Protective Grounding
- Periodically travel with the HPS sales force to make joint customer calls. Attend trade shows, sales training schools, industry meetings, etc. to support the knowledge of assigned product lines.
Skills and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Electric utility experience would be helpful but not required
- Product design experience using 3D modeling
- Knowledge or understanding of Electric Utility Lineman Tools and Work Methods
- Possess strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Be a highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for engineering and product ownership.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to both technical and nontechnical audiences
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.