Supply Chain Planning Lead - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The Supply Chain Planning Lead located in our Leeds, AL plant will direct schedulers and buyers at our off-site manufacturing facility to ensure fast and on-time delivery of customer orders, while working to reduce inventory and increase on-time performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review total requirements in system to generate forecast for S&OP
- Manage the planners/buyers in scheduling customer orders and purchasing of raw material.
- Manage logistics and purchasing activities department to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet short/long range schedules.
- Analyzes and recommends changes, as necessary, production schedules that are affected by changes in raw material and equipment as well as fluctuations in customer demand.
- Manage supplier activity to ensure the timely release of purchase orders and timely arrival of materials in the plant.
- Works to make shared decisions and recommendations concerning MRP schedules, product substitution and lead times.
- Review and ensure vendor forecasts are sent promptly to suppliers
- On time performance from suppliers and actions to improve
- Review of inventory dollars and actions to minimize inventory while ensuring no stock outs.
- Review of customer on time performance and actions to improve when necessary
- Communicating and directing others that are not in the same facility
- Review and analyze performance metrics and make improvements to hit the goals
Skills and Experience
- 5+ of manufacturing planning experience.
- Experience managing or leading a planning group.
- Strong MRP understanding
- Ability to travel on business related trips approximately 5%.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office and other productivity/communication tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- SAP knowledge as it pertains to manufacturing planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of APO tools, implementation and maintenance at the material level
- APICs certification
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.