Buyer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
210 N. Allen Street
Centralia, MO 65240
Develop and implement sourcing strategies to meet raw material and component needs throughout the HPS Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/manage sourcing of various commodity items for the Business Unit
- Keep records / files pertaining to items purchased, cost, supplier delivery, product performance updated as necessary
- Work closely with planning and manufacturing to ensure that inventory goals are met
- Maintain accurate purchase order information (pricing, lead-times, etc.) in the PIR (purchasing information record) in current MRP system (SAP)
- Prepare materials for make vs. buy decision process
- Work with operations and planning in the identification and disposition of obsolete materials
- Expedite purchased materials (raw material or components) from suppliers as needed
- Work with Q.A., production and the suppliers to get timely disposition of rejected raw material or components
- Work with suppliers and Hubbell A.P. to resolve invoicing issue when needed
- Assist / recommend decisions pertaining to buying decisions in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Assist in the annual physical inventory.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with SAP would be helpful but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.