Operations Manager - San Antonio, TX
Location: San Antonio
Job Type: Not Specified
12000 Crownpoint Dr
San Antonio, TX 78233
This position is responsible for the management and implementation of manufacturing processes with-in the manufacturing site utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. The Operations Manager proactively works to produce high quality goods efficiently using the most cost-effective methods and with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment. Additionally, this position manages the site Warehouse team and execution of Shipping & Receiving processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes within the manufacturing plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and implement work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Supervise planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assures product and process quality by implementing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Implement manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Effectively implements changes to ensure Safe and Efficient Warehousing Operations
- Establish goals and encourage growth and new ideas. Follow-up may be required to achieve goals.
- Be a coach and mentor while coordinating daily workload and facilitating projects.
- Be a liaison between departments and facilities to disperse information and encourage communication.
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or Operations.
- At least 5 years prior experience in Operations with proven leadership and management abilities or equivalent work experience
- Computer literacy with MS Office.
- Proficiency using Solid Edge CAD software preferred.
- Warehousing/ Distribution experience preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.