Sr. Production Manager - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Provide leadership and Continuous Improvement for all aspects of the Operation; personnel, productivity, and on-time delivery. Seeking candidates who will be ready for a Plant Manager position in 4 to 5 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop a team in a fast paced environment with a dedication to Continuous Improvements and the highest levels of quality and customer service.
- Deploy company/factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
- Maintain a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originate, measure, and improve key indicators for the production team (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- Ensure the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment.
- Implement and drive “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establish work requirements and ensure production schedules are met.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Production/Operations Manager – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Multifaceted, results-oriented, metric driven, focused leadership
- SAP Experience strongly preferred
- TPM Experience
- Operational Excellence or Lean Certification
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.