Materials Training Program Lead
Location: Centralia, Missouri, Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Materials Specialist will work within the HUS Materials Organization and own the Materials Training Program. In this role they will work with HUS Materials leadership and the local site Materials leadership teams to identify gaps in knowledge that can be addressed with training and resource development. They will develop training materials, sessions, and the resources needed.
This position is Hubbell site flexible\remote.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a friendly and supportive environment that encourages participation and dialogue.
- Translate technical training information into easy-to-understand language.
- Review and update training materials in partnership with key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Engage with learners to ensure content and concepts are understood.
- Use a variety of delivery methods, including presentations, discussions, and simulations.
- Ability to coordinate and lead on-site and remote training sessions.
- Develop Train the Trainer sessions to help site personnel train their teams.
- Work with Business Unit Materials Teams to support onboarding of new team members.
- Facilitate HUS Materials technical support and resolution tracking.
- Collaborate with site teams to understand gaps and develop action plans.
- Maintain master lists for and the development of work instructions and training sessions.
- Provide regular updates on training held, resource creation, and next steps.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and actively work to improve the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of related supply chain experience with an understanding of MRP/ERP concepts and processes, SAP preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Skilled knowledge of MS Office Programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, including excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively across teams.
- Travel up to 25%
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.