Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
47 E Industrial Park Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
We are looking for a contract professional who is capable of and experienced in driving the entire contract life cycle, from the initial proposal stage through expiration of the contract. Some of the responsibilities for this position include drafting, redlining, negotiation, contract administration (including use and management of electronic contract management systems) and managing communications with internal clients. You will be exposed to contracts across the Hubbell Electrical Solutions segment, including multiple business units, brands, and legal entities, and will assist with strategic segment and department initiatives on an ad-hoc basis. This position, which reports into the Hubbell Legal Department, will be based in our Manchester, NH office, and requires the ability to travel up to 10%
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, analyze, modify and negotiate various types of customer and vendor agreements, including non-disclosure agreements and those related to materials, finished products and services, and distribution.
- Provide internal business clients with advisory support on contractual issues and deal with a variety of contract matters. Advise leadership on concerns relating to contractual risk.
- Act as primary Legal point of contact for internal clients regarding contract issues and disputes and interpretation, and engage directly in contract negotiations with customers and suppliers.
- Serve as administrator for enterprise contract management system.
- Assist with the development of process and practices to standardize and streamline contracting processes.
- Assist with various complex and/or sensitive projects, assigned.
- Support training, guidance and education of internal clients and business partners.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies and maintain documentation related to third party intermediary compliance for assigned businesses.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Juris Doctorate a plus
- Minimum of 5 years prior in house work experience as a contract manager, with direct experience in and responsibility for managing contracts
- Ability to work independently, but in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to balance business needs with risks
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a particular emphasis on client communication and interaction
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communicator with the ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationship with clients, co-workers and colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Possess strong organizational, time and project management skills and both the ability and flexibility to handle high volume and balance competing demands
- Good judgement and a high level of professional integrity and discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and lead projects
- Detail oriented
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.