Customer Service- Account Specialist - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Armorcast Products in Chatsworth, CA is on the search for an Account Specialist to add to our Customer Service Department. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting growth. The incumbent will build and maintain a solid working relationship with HPS customers. The Account Specialist will act as the HPS lead to organize and prepare quotation proposals and review customer orders for acceptance, coordinate technical and commercial requirements, and support field sales and customers regarding product needs. This candidate will be the first point of contact for our customers to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives. The Account Specialist will research and resolve any accounts receivable issues and investigate and resolve issues related to returned goods. The starting annual base salary for this position is $50,000.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a territory or set of accounts with the objective of providing outstanding service
- Review quotation requests promptly, secure competitive feedback as available, and if applicable submit quotation requests to Business Units with pertinent comments
- Organize and review all bids with special, non-standard commercial bid requirements (i.e.; terms and conditions, warranty clauses). Recommend HPS modifications and obtain approvals
- Work as a liaison between Engineering, Marketing, Field Sales, and HPS clients regarding product requirements, application questions, and potential issues
- Issue finalized quotations to customers, including organizing and addressing commercial and technical requirements
- Identify and grow opportunities within your account base and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Review purchase orders to ensure requirements are adequately defined and documented, that differences are resolved prior to order entry and that HPS has the capability to meet contractual requirements
- Discuss important quotations, significant purchase orders, returned goods requests, and any other important transactions with the Customer Service Manager, Territory Manager, and Regional VP of Sales
- Coordinate resolution of customer complaints, warranty replacements, returned goods, and any discrepancies
- Resolve credit and accounts receivable issues
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in telephone, electronic, and face-to-face interactions; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment for 8+ hours per day, as required.
- On rare occasions, may need to lift packaging materials or office equipment- Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- BA/BS in Business- or Marketing-related fields and 2-4 years of customer service experience preferred. Proven extensive experience in Customer Service may substitute for education requirements.
LEVEL OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning order acceptance and entry
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).