Quality Engineer - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Beckwith Electric Co. Inc. has a long-standing reputation of providing industry leading power system controls. This reputation was achieved and is maintained by, providing a positive customer experience through the product development, procurement, manufacturing, delivery and after sale support processes.
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
The Quality Engineer (QE) will interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Technical Support (CTS), Materials, with other departments as needed, with suppliers and with customers to analyze and resolve process, product, or quality issues. The QE will initiate and manage projects for continuous improvement of processes, products and procedures. The QE will support Quality Assurance (QA) department to implement and help maintain ISO certification. The QE will work with suppliers to resolve performance issues to improve incoming material quality, on time delivery and cost. The QE will assist QA, CTS, and Engineering to identify, analyze and resolve customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with Purchasing, Production, and Engineering to select and qualify alternate sources, reduce costs, resolve availability and obsolescence issues, and resolve supplier quality issues.
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule. Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement. Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems.
- Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality to resolve process and productivity related issues and guide continuous improvement.
- Interface with Customer Technical Support and Quality to help resolve customer and product related issues apply continuous improvement.
- Interface with Design/Product Engineering to identify components and suppliers to support new product designs as well as our existing product designs.
- Lead or assist problem solving and root cause analysis activities internally and with suppliers and with customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Assist with internal audits, customer audits, ISO audits, regulatory audits, and other third party audits.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree (BA or BS) in electronic/electrical engineering or engineering technology or equivalent from college or technical school and two plus years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of various quality system metrics and improvement methodologies such as 8D, Lean Manufacturing, 5-Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, and PPAP.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.