Planner - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
34 Bern Dibner Drive Lincoln, NH 03251
This individual will be responsible for planning the materials, quantities, and priority order of manufacturing jobs within the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate flow of work within and between departments of manufacturing plant to drive on time delivery to customers by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and schedule Production Orders to meet on time delivery performance goals and align with the capacity of the factory.
- Assemble Production Order packets and verify correct drawings are included.
- Review unscheduled customer and inter-company purchase order (ICPO) backlog on a daily basis.
- Assess backlog and output by process line.
- Resolve material shortages with Purchasing and collaborate with Warehouse on off-site storage pick list.
- Respond to Customer Service on lead time requests, expedite requests, and direct shipping requests.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to kick-start jobs on hold (e.g., resolve problems with job quantity, rejects, missing prints, material shortages.).
- Resolve Production Order variances and cost of goods issue (COGI) errors.
- Draft new Work Instructions, as applicable.
- Effectively collaborate with difficult personalities to overcome obstacles and implement change.
- Communicate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed to resolve problems on specific Production Orders and address bigger picture issues on output and delivery.
- Actively participate in Production Control meetings & communicate within the department to share pertinent information and set goals.
Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with Microsoft Excel basics.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write detailed, professional correspondence. Ability to respond to multiple customer inquiries quickly and accurately. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to coworkers, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with complex problems and come up with a recommended action plan. Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to reprioritize tasks to support business goals.
Physical Requirements: Ability to use telephone and computer; navigate plant floor to assist communication, product flow.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field (business, economics, etc.) preferred.
- APICS CPIM preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Lean experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze current processes and pro-actively make improvements on a day-to-day basis in addition to collaborating on larger changes within the plant.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills to crunch backlog & capacity data and update department manager.
- Demonstrated examples working with multiple people, teams, and departments to determine and implement process improvements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.