Senior Chemical Engineering Metal Finishing/Plating) - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, New Hampshire 03251
- Develop and enhance Metal Finishing processes and methods to minimize waste and increase the quality of products
- Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Develop new and enhance monitoring and testing processes to provide increased capability and process control
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equiment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Monitor process equipment to identify potential errors, develop solutions to eliminate abnormalities
- Ensure engineered solutions focus on reducing downtime, maintenance costs, and maintain or increase production levels while improving output, quality, and safety
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Provide support and required documentation for all metal finishing operations including waste treatment equipment and processes
- Resonponsible for compliance with local state and federal rules, regulations, and statuteds relating to hazardous materials and required reporting, including Hazmat transportation and manifests and industrial waste treatment
Duties and Responsibilities
Core Competency Requirements:
- Ability to apply chemical engineering principles in new and creative ways to improve process
- Expert knowledge of chemical components, solutions, and mixtures
- Understanding of safe handling procedures of all chemicals, including hazardous materials
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, Proficiency with statistical analysis methodologies
- Superior math skills, including physical and chemical math equations and theories
- Experience in process development and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Quality orientation and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma, Black Belt preferred
Skills and Experience
- BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (Masters preferred) with two to four years related experience
- Environmental education preferred.
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!