Mfg. Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Killark is a leading manufacturer of electrical construction products for standard, harsh and hazardous environments. We have over 90 years of extensive experience in producing conduit raceway fittings, junction boxes, enclosures, lighting fixtures, plugs & receptacles, distribution equipment and standard and custom controls.
2112 Fenton Logistics Park Blvd.
Fenton, MO 63026
The Hubbell Summer Engineering Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Operations Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of lean initiatives, 5S principles, and continuous improvement.
Operations Interns will typically support one or more experienced Operations teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Operations department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Work with operations and engineering to improve daily function for the shop floor
- Collaborate in the design, quoting, & purchasing of CNC work holding fixtures
- Draft work instructions and operating procedures
- Setup and program collaborative robots for additonal automation activities
- Input data logging and tracking information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s in Operations (e.g. Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Management, or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Expierence in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Teams, Power Point...)
- Understanding of Machining operations
- Willingness to be on the production floor and get your hands dirty
- Preferred expierence in CAD and CAM with AutoDesk products (Inventor & AutoCAD)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.