Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Summer 2023) - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Connector Manufacturing Company/Hubbell
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
The Manufacturning Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
The Manufacturing Engineering Interns will support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Tha Manufacturing Engineer will help support capital projects that are ongoing at that time. The intern will also be responsible for conducting cycle time studies to make sure the standards are correct. The intern will learn how to use Auto/CAD while creating prints for projects. The intern will also learn how toconduct cycle time studies and apply lean principles for to come up with solutions for reducing cycle times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the engineering department on projects and help keep those projects on schedule.
- Help support any capital projects that are ongoing at the time.
- Responsible for conducting cycle time studies to make sure the standards are correct.
- Work in Auto/CAD while creating prints for projects.
- Conduct cycle time studies and apply lean principles to come up with solutions for reducing cycle time.
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering , or related degree
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.