Operations Manager - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
The Operations Manager is a leadership position with responsibility for direction and management of the business unit operations in Centralia, MO. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures a safe working environment for all employees and ensures compliance with OSHA and Hubbell requirements.
Actively manages salaried Production Supervisors and the hourly workforce to meet production requirements in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Partners with the Lean organization for the development of Lean initiatives for the plant including: lean certification training, Kaizen events, visual factory, development of standard work and management of lean projects.
Partners with the Quality organization to drive improvement in quality levels and reduction in scrap and waste in the plant.
Drives improved productivity levels without jeopardizing quality standards.
Develops and maintains operating budgets.
Keeps management apprised of progress and obstacles that constrain attainment of company objectives. Makes recommendations and proposals for overcoming said obstacles.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Attends and participates in daily production planning meetings.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training, motivating and retaining employees; appraising and managing performance.
- Must possess and exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills, along with a good working knowledge of personnel practices including recruitment, professional development, goal setting, performance management, union/labor relations and administration of rules and regulations. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of leadership experience in manufacturing operations
- Practical knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Lean Manufacturing training and/or certification preferred
Hubbell Power Systems
210 N. Allen Street
Centralia, MO 65240
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.