Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Develop and improve manufacturing process capabilities through fixture design, inspection techniques, tooling optimization, statistical process control and lean manufacturing techniques
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing manufacturing processes and implement improvements to reduce the seven forms of waste including: defects, excessive transportation, overproduction, waiting, over processing, excessive motion and excessive inventory
- Participate on new product development teams and identify initial manufacture processes
- Create manufacturing routing for new products
- Design and implement Quick-change tooling platform to incorporate existing fixtures and support new products
- Define manufacturing process capability during first article manufacture and refine ad necessary to support print requirements
- Support manufacturing activities in all departments.
- Support supplier activities / development as needed.
- Incorporate LEAN analysis and techniques into manufacturing processes.
- Follow, update, and create ISO documents including procedures, instructions and forms.
- Develop and implement statistical process controls to support key control characteristics
- Participate in design reviews
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience
- BSME or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience required:
- LEAN training & team participation
- Fixture design & implementation
- Implementing quick-change tooling
- Working with teams to design, build and implement tooling and inspection techniques to support improvement activities required
- Familiar with Mastercam
- Ability to perform engineering tasks related to manufacturing processes development
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Project, and AutoCAD Inventor
- Technical Writing skills necessary
46 Nooks Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.