Production Manager - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Production Manager to our growing team!
Hubbell is seeking a Production Manager to provide leadership and be responsible for all aspects of operations; personnel, productivity, and on-time delivery. Manage and develop a team in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, and performance utilizing business practices/processes to include 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Deploy company policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business and team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct overall operations.
- Manage and coach Production Supervisors and provide development and training.
- Maintains a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originates, measures, and improves key indicators for the production team (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Labor effectivity, Inventory and Cost).
- Continues to enhance the LEAN culture. Ensures the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment through “continuous improvement” and 5S. Implements and drives “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establishes work requirements and ensures production schedules are met.
- Develop Staff and a culture within the business unit dedicated to the highest levels of quality and customer service.
Skills and Experience
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Experience as a Production/Operations Manager – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Dynamic, results oriented, metric driven, disciplined leadership
- Excellent Staff development and engagement skills
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
- SAP Experience preferred
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73139