Quality Technician II
Location: Le Roy, New York
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
135 Gilbert St.
Le Roy, NY 14482
Tests and inspects bushings and associated parts to bushing specifications by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
POSITION: Split Shift Quality Technician – Le Roy, NY
HOURS: 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Tests and inspects bushings and associated products to prescribed standards and notes
- performance data on manufacturing record cards.
- Independently manages test and inspection workload to meet production requirements.
- Performs audits on bushing components, raw materials (such as transformer oil, epoxy resin ingredients, etc.), and in-process materials in the factory.
- Operates test equipment and connects circuits for the testing of bushings at high voltage.
- Performs product inspections prior to shipment.
- Records test data, produces test certifications, and utilizes quality assurance databases.
- Troubleshoots test circuits when results are questionable.
- Communicates repeated or significant quality issues for corrective actions.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment.
- Interfaces with customers during witnessed testing and provides documentation.
- Must be willing to occasionally work 1st shift or split shift and overtime based on business need.
- Must cooperatively interact with production to help support the demands of our customers.
- Participate in process improvement activities to support continuous improvement goals.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to write simple reports stating the observed issues and solutions.
- Must be able manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities effectively.
- Must keep safety as the top priority.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.