Location: Archdale, North Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Accounting Center of Excellence (CoE) Accountant is responsible for overseeing certain general accounting activities being performed by the Shared Service Center (SSC). This role will support the COE Accounting Manager to ensure accounting needs of the respective business groups are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate existing processes and, where appropriate, perform analysis to identify opportunities for further standardization, automation and cost savings.
- Leverage system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts and work to eliminate/minimize non-value added activities. Partner with SSC to get said improvements implemented across the group(s).
- Complete journal entries and key account reconciliations prepared by the SSC, ensuring proper supporting documentation exists for both. Troubleshoot exceptions and address questions as they arise
- Insure compliance with existing company policies and procedures
- Work with senior COE team members to identify and implement process/automation/ standardization improvements across all the business units
- Oversee compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, including internal control documentation and testing of internal controls
- Provide support for internal and external compliance audits
- Other special projects as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3 - 5 years of accounting, auditing and related experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in a large ($1B+), multi-national corporation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior analytical and organizational skills with a focus on:
- Synthesizing information, using sound judgment, formulating conclusions and articulating recommendations in a way that is meaningful and valuable
- This includes the ability to develop graphs, tables, presentations and templates to in order to convey information clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to work well under tight time constraints
- Detail oriented with understanding of end-to-end processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work across all organizational levels, departments and groups
- Teamwork skills - demonstrated support of peers and respectful communication
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.