Robotic Technical Specialist - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
A hands-on shop floor-based technical specialist role. Provide program development and fixture/tooling design for various casting, metal fabrication, and welding applications. Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost. Processes will include, but not be limited to, the following areas: robotic grinding, robotic welding, CNC robotic grinding, CNC part loading.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design fixtures and tooling necessary to hold and pick materials for loading, grinding, and welding operations.
- Develop programs to move, position, and process parts within the robot cells.
- Perform studies to optimize process times and reduce waste in robotic cell operation.
- Through the use of lean engineering tools, design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Develop, implement and manage scrap reduction initiatives.
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation as process changes dictate.
- Examines materials and products at various stages of processing to ensure they conform to specifications.
- Observes machines and equipment for malfunction and works in tandem with maintenance team to troubleshoot issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends at national and international level manufacturing trends and technology.
Skills and Experience
- AS Degree in Robotics, Automation, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing or process engineering floor-support role.
- Continuous improvement and lean experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the maintenance of robotic equipment
- Knowledge of foundry castings, grinding, welding and fabrication
- Fixture/part holding design experience
- 3D Modeling (Inventor preferred)
- 3D Printing experience
- Fanuc Robotics Programming – Required
- Fanuc CNC Programming – Preferred but not required
- ABB Robotic Programming – Preferred but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.