Brand Development & General Manager (PCX) - Clayton, NC
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
PCX’s mission is to design and build reliable, custom, best-in-class prefabricated modular electrical distribution and power systems including integrated switchboards for the commercial construction, data center, and industrial/utility markets worldwide. Designed and prebuilt in Clayton, NC shipments range from simple skids and ISO Containers to custom modules, enclosures, and E-buildings recognized for rugged reliability and value.
The Brand Development & General Manager – PCX, is within the Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) segment, and the Harsh & Heavy Industrial Strategic Business Unit, will have P&L responsibility and focus on sales growth for the related market channels, provide marketing input, drive new product development/exploration in partnership with engineering leaders, promote product line growth principally through the creative use of both existing and new products, supported by educational background, industry experience, and contact with customers and prospects. The individual must possess a unique blend of business, finance and technical knowledge, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Additionally, the individual must manage several projects across multiple HES business units and functional departments, as well as contract service firms as needed. The individual must understand customer problems, solution attributes and identify innovative product and/or service solutions to assist the broader market. The Individual will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for assigned products, working with the sales channel and key customers to promote Hubbell and its associated product solutions in the Data Center market. The individual must work cross functionally with other Hubbell groups and business units to drive alignment and execution to strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for examining, developing, and recommending product line strategies for data center applications across PCX and Hubbell SBU’s.
- Champions research and analysis required for economic justification, competitive pricing, financial models, features and applications.
- Responsible to convene/attend regular team meetings required advancing execution of projects and assignments.
- As required, attend sales meetings and visit customers and end-users; conducting product training presentations and research.
- Shall be a source of intelligence concerning product and market specific issues, competitors, and business trends, governmental regulations and, as required, produce written reports and summarize for internal business correspondence.
- Develops strategic partnerships and collaborative relationships with existing and emerging market product and technology participants.
- Assists in the development of supporting new product launch material with Marketing and Marketing Communication Managers.
- Responsible to provide an exemplary level of support to the sales organization and customers on product (technical and application questions).
- Participate in development of group specific goals in support of enterprise strategy.
- Develop strategic plans and implement tactical activities for key products / markets within business portfolio in support of group and enterprise strategy; these include sales, financial performance, new product development etc.
Duties and Responsibilities (cont.)
- Oversee projects, processes, performance reports, data and analysis.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to determine appropriate resources necessary to meet short and long term business and growth profitability objectives.
- Oversees manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports, resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and meet future growth.
- Represent Hubbell and HHI as appropriate in their relationship with major customer suppliers, competitors, government agencies, etc.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or business field with an MBA is preferred, along with a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience.
- P &L accountability.
- Experience in a leadership role with oversight of multiple managers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of current and emerging wired and wireless telecommunication technology and standards, data center applications, related products and channels of distribution.
- Preferable experience in municipal or utility communications infrastructure systems, related design and engineering processes and market applications.
- Understanding standards and codes.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, creative skills and possess acumen in executing business decisions.
- Must have a strong understanding of financial statements and be able to effectively interpret and manage a P&L.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills needed to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to organize and manage “ad-hoc” teams to support the development of business opportunities.
- Must apply critical thinking skills to determine best approach to bring new products to market and to work with engineering, operations and marketing and sales staffs.
- Strong mathematic, analytical and computer skills.
- Capable of up to 25% travel to attend meetings or visit customers.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.