Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
34 Bern Dibner Rd.
Lincoln, NH 03251
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Work with operations and engineering to improve daily function for the shop floor
- Collaborate in the design, quoting, & purchasing of CNC work holding fixtures
- Draft work instructions and operating procedures
- Setup and program collaborative robots for additional automation activities
- Input data logging and tracking information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40
- Engineering intern will create a heat map of work centers which will include information about earned hours and time associated with value add versus non-value add activity. Using this information and other criteria as inputs, the intern will create a project ranking system.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s in Operations (e.g. Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Management, or related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Teams, Power Point...)
- Understanding of Machining operations
- Willingness to be on the production floor and get your hands dirty
- Preferred experience in CAD and CAM with AutoDesk products (Inventor & AutoCAD)
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General or Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!