Pricing BI Analyst (Hybrid) - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units: Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business. HGCA is our gas fitting business and Protection and Control is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Pricing BI Analyst will perform data analysis to develop actionable pricing insights and innovative tools that drive effectiveness and efficiency within the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurate and timely reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain tools that promote continuous improvement across the Utility Solutions segment.
- Create reports and dashboards in Power BI to help drive key business decisions.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Support implementation of quotation and pricing procedure changes to improve key pricing metrics.
- Develop pricing models to maximize efficiency and win rates.
- Execute mass price adjustments in response to evolving market condition.
- Manage the price maintenance process for new customers and new products.
- Develop tools and processes to collect market feedback, identify trends, and ensure competitive pricing.
- Participate in and lead special projects.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, or other analytically rigorous field.
- Power BI development experience including complex DAX measures and intuitive visualizations.
- Intermediate to advanced relational database management proficiency.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
- Experience with VBA is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- SAP software experience is a plus.
- Analytics experience with a finished goods manufacturer is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.