Associate Design Engineer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
The Product Design Engineer will provide engineering and technical support to manufacturing, sourcing, project management, and quality. Requires the ability to perform in multiple aspects of design engineering, which includes but is not limited to: model/drawing creation, material selection and analysis, specification preparation, product testing, collaborating with customers, and project management for new products.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for engineering and product ownership. This position will offer challenges that require in depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, excellent communication skills, and a positive demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, improving, and maintaining new & existing products for the Utility Industry, including pole line hardware and anchoring products.
- Manage new product development projects in conjunction with business team members from idea creation through prototyping, tooling, testing, and customer launch.
- Improve upon the design, performance, and cost of existing products and processes using tools such as finite element analysis.
- Design, model, and test new products and modifications.
- Define and oversee mechanical testing of products to meet industry specifications.
Skills and Experience
- Must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management to organize action items and keep projects on time.
- Ability to travel on business related trips when necessary.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Previous product design experience preferred.
- 3D Modeling/Drawing experience preferred.
HUBBELL POWER SYSTEMS
210 N. Allen Street
Centralia, MO 65240
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.