Sr. Technical Proposal Manager, Hybrid - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
77 W Port Plaza Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
Sr. Technical Proposal Manager
The Sr. Technical Manger is responsible for coordinating and preparing commercial offers in compliance with the client's requirements response specifications and company policy. They will be responsible for the execution and production of proposals, RFP/RFI responses and participating as a member on the overall commercial operations team. That includes writing, document proofing, team scheduling and coordination, knowledge sharing and upkeep of data in their respective systems. The Sr. Technical Manager will produce the assigned deliverables within the designated timeline, quality parameters, corporate approval procedures, commercial/bid strategy and client/RFP requirements. The Sr. Technical Manager will work closely with the assigned Commercial Leader, Product Management, Sales personnel, and other functional stakeholders to ensure all portions of the response meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards. The Sr. Technical Manager may be tasked to lead or support process improvement initiatives or other organization efforts within the Commercial Operations team to ensure consistency and continuity throughout the Commercial Operations organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Structure, develop, write, and edit proposals and proposal responses sections, while building the response around the RFP/Client requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
- Serve as the central ComOps point of contact for all project opportunity requests for RFI/RFQ/RFP/Proposals/Quotes
- Conduct weekly operations review meetings and ensure documentation is logged in the system appropriately
- Maintain data, schedule meetings, develop and issue assignment and response schedules, following up with content providers, and monitor timelines/deadlines to ensure timely proposal completion and submittal
- Prepare, write, copy and lay out proposal/quote document, ensuring that final product is properly edited, proofread, formatted and delivered to meet customer/RFP due dates.
- Complete pre-qualification documentation processing.
- Facilitate post-proposal submission clarification requests/assist Commercial Lead in obtaining responses for timely turnaround.
- Support and adhere to Hubbell’s Core Values and Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 8 years’ experience in discerning and executing RFP solicitations with previous experience in business development tracking, proposal coordination and development within a technical organization. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in developing response documents for RFPs, proposal templates, proposal schedule and experience facilitating storyboarding and management reviews
- Experience in writing content for proposals by working with/interviewing subject matter experts from different areas of the company to develop the content.
- Knowledge working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- Experience working with Visio\MS project helpful
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.